Our skin deals with direct sunlight, pollution, sweat, stress, and infection among other factors. Well, this can have a negative impact on our skin and everyone wants to put their best skin forward. But it’s hard when you’re coping with acne, pigmentation, and blemishes. 72% chances are, you might complain about one or two skin problems but you don’t have to grimace and bear it all your life. Yet having and dreaming of naturally healthy glowing skin from head to tie isn’t out of reach anymore when Team M is here. Since it takes a lot of effort to add a skincare routine to our hectic lifestyle, we are here to list out the most common skin problems and their effective solutions featuring our favourite Korean skincare & beauty products! So what are you waiting for? Here are our quick treatments for common skin problems.
1. Are you suffering from acne or pimple?
Did you thought that you had left your breakouts in the 1990s with your torn jeans? If you are a mere mortal like us, you might have been struggling from unwelcome zits from time to time. Well, you know the kind that pops up just before that important meeting or your date night. According to Howard Sobel, New York City Dermatologist, acne affects about 20% of people, and we totally agree with him(I too suffer).
People suffer from acne on their faces and back. It can be caused due to several factors:
- Clogged pores
- Excessive oil production
- Hormone androgen
- Bacteria which causes inflammation & redness
- Wearing tight clothes
- Compression from pressing the phone against from chin or side of the face
It’s time to banish acne or pimples with a multi-step approach using our favourite and recommended K-beauty products curated for acne-prone and oily skin types.
- COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch: NEVER! Touch and prick your acne. An effective way to squeeze out the acne is using a spot patch and it also keeps our skin away from getting acne scars! These patches help in reducing pimples and inflammation.
- Keep Cool Phyto Greenrepair Cream: Perfect for acne-prone skin, this cream relieves skin inflammation and irritation damaged by the external environment. The rich mousse texture easily glides over skin leaving your skin nourished providing calmness to your skin.
- COSRX AC Collection Calming Liquid Mild: If you have oily skin, then this is a holy grail for your skin type! Made as an alcohol-free liquid, this toner helps your skin to maintain the oil-moisture balance and calms down your irritation. The natural Centella ingredient will not only treat your acne but also heals the damages that are already done to the skin!
2. How To Get Rid Of Blemishes?
It’s a type of mark on your skin which are harmless, but some people wish to treat them for cosmetic reasons. Blemish is a skin defect that appears in the form of discoloration, marks, spots, patches, or other types of superficial flaws. There are different types of blemishes such as blackheads, acne, age spots, and more which are another set of skin concerns which people are mostly worried about.
Blemishes can be caused due to the following reasons:
- Sun exposure
- Hormonal changes
- Improper diet
- Viral infections
We know like us, you too are worried about your blemishes and we get it doesn’t look good. It’s time to flaunt your scars too but we also bring you products that can treat your blemishes.
- Goodal Green Tangerine Vita C Dark Spot Serum Plus: First and foremost, it has to be my favourite serum which I totally swear by. Time to take a two-week blemish challenge by using the goodbye serum which includes Green tangerine and Vitamin C. It helps to reduce your dark spots with low irritation gentle Vitamin formula and even provides you with bright skin.
- COSRX Centella Blemish Cream: Contains all-natural Centella Asiatica leaf water that provides maximum hydration with soothing & calming effects to the skin. This cream creates a protective barrier while the all-natural active ingredients soothe the skin free from blemishes.
- Klairs Illuminating Supple Blemish Cream SPF 40 PA++: This beauty cream helps in getting glowing skin and works best as a BB cream. It acts as a hydration cream covering all your scars without giving you any white cast. With a mild and hypoallergenic formula, this cream is safe to use on all skin types.
3. What’s Hyperpigmentation?
Another frequent skin concern we all have heard is hyper-pigmentation. It’s characterized by the development of discolored patches or spots on your body and typically on your face. Prolonged sun exposure is one of the common causes and hyperpigmentation is essentially a post-inflammatory reaction to the skin which means it’s a result of skin inflammation due to burns, acne, injury, or any other causes.
From sun damage to hormonal changes, here are a number of factors that can lead to hyperpigmentation.
- Sun inflammation
- Sun exposure
- Reaction to drugs/chemicals
Hyperpigmentation is a harmless skin condition that can be removed with techniques such as creams, cosmetic treatments, and home remedies.
- Rovectin Skin Essentials Barrier Repair Aqua Concentrate: Formulated with 8 different types of hyaluronic acid, this cream provides intense hydration and Niacinamide acts as a brightening factor that reduces hyperpigmentation of blemishes. It quickly gets absorbed, is oil-free, and has a light texture that is suitable for sensitive and oily skin types.
- Goodal Green Tangerine Vita C Dark Spot Serum Plus: If you deal with hyperpigmentation, Goodal serum should be your priority level. This serum is made of green tangerines which are a great source of Vitamin C and are known to boost collagen, neutralize free radicals and provide anti-oxidants that age your skin. Also, this serum will brighten your dull skin, enabling it to look younger.
- It’s Skin Power 10 Formula LI Effector Serum: Contains licorice root extract that has many skin brightening properties which provide spotless bright skin. Best used for skin imperfections such as skin spots, freckles, and reddened skin caused by UV rays. Best thing? It provides soothing effects to calm and repair your damaged skin.
4. Do you know a solution for blackheads?
If you have got a greasy T-zone or have oily to combination skin, you’re more prone to these pesky spots around your chin and nose. Blackheads are small bumps that result from clogged hair follicles and they have a dark black surface and generally very small. It is those sebaceous glands along with all the gunk and grime that clogs your open pores. If you thought they only form on the nose or chin you’re mistaken! They can also appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, and arms.
When the skin over the bump opens, there are chances that it catches exposure to the air and it causes blackhead forms. Some of the major causes of blackheads include:
- Your body produces oil
- The buildup of bacteria on the skin
- Irritation of the hair follicles
- Hormonal changes
Because of their dark color, blackheads are easy to spot on the skin so we are here to help you to get rid of those pesky spots on your skin.
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid: Suffering for blackheads? This product should always be on your side if you have acne and oily skin type. The power liquid helps to keep your pores clean by deep cleansing them and preventing any blackhead formation while exfoliating away dead cells, keeping your skin clean. It easy to glide smoothly over skin leaving your skin hydrated also.
- It’s Skin Power 10 Formula PO Effector Serum: It’s a weightless serum that is proved as a savior for people with oily skin (for me totally). It controls the skin from getting oily and greasy and reduces blackheads giving clean and clear skin. Also, it will help you to reduce your large pores around the nose & T-zone area. Ready to buy it, already?
How can one fix uneven skin tone?
Uneven skin tone is caused by the distribution of pigment and can also be caused by sun exposure and hormonal changes. It is said if we don’t exfoliate our skin properly, we can develop uneven skin because of the buildup of dead skin cells. It is recommended you should use creams and serums that contain vitamin C to even your skin tone.
How can I reduce the oil production on my skin?
Wash your face twice a day with a gentle skin cleanser like Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Cleanser followed by an oil-free moisturizer. It is also advised to pay attention to your diet, as an increase in the amount of salt, sugar, and fried food can wreck your skin and lead to more oil production.
Download Maccaron on App or Play Store now to discover products based on your desired ingredient combination or skin type.
1,237 total views, 1 views today