Our skincare and beauty industry keeps on evolving and we have seen consumers drawing their interest toward plant-based and natural ingredients in their products. And by natural we mean flowers, plants, stems, leaves, and fruits in our favorite Korean skincare products. The plant extracts have been used for centuries for skin care and beauty purposes such as Green Tea, Aloe Vera, Rice extracts, and Bamboo. As the matter of fact, even before these ingredients were enriched in skincare products, women all over the world used them as DIY.
Thinking How Plant-Based Extracts Benefit Our Skin?
The botanical extracts are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, essential oils, and proteins. Different extracts have their own benefits and compensations in different ways. Let’s have a look at them.
- Antioxidant: The topical antioxidants control the formation of free radicals from our day-to-day life, pollution, UVA rays, and stress.
- Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation plays a major role in our aging process and can cause several skin conditions such as rosacea. There are a lot of plant-based ingredients that are beneficial in reducing the inflammatory process.
- Brightening: Some of the plant extracts with brightening benefits such as Aloe Vera, Red Grapes have a pigment-reducing activity.
Plant-Based Skincare Products You Should Include
Packed with nutrients and antioxidants that help to fight against all those toxins released in our body. It’s rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E and EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) that our skin loves. Also, it has anti-ageing properties that help to fight against premature ageing, wrinkles, and fine lines. Even the 6% green tea extracts applied to your skin helps in increasing the hydration on your skin that makes it more glowing and healthy.
Benefits of Green Tea To Skin:
- Moisturizes your skin
- Fights premature ageing
- Treats acne
- Reduces redness & irritation
If you thought green tea is just for drinking and being your inner self healthy, then you haven’t tried our Korean skincare enriched with Green Tea extracts.
- Innisfree Green Tea Mist: It’s a refreshing facial mist with freshly squeezed Jeju Green Tea that instantly hydrates your skin while providing you a healthy glow. It’s mild in nature and instantly soothes your skin that has been overly exposed to sunlight and pollution.
- It’s Skin Green Tea Watery Serum: It’s time to boost your tired and thirsty skin with some hydration. Formulated with natural ingredients of green tea, it provides excellent moisturizing and skincare effects. This serum keeps your skin fresh, calm, plumped, and soft.
- Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream: It’s one of the best-sellers of Innisfree and we totally recommend it if your skin is dry. It’s a nourishing cream that delivers refreshing hydration with a blend of Jeju green tea extract that helps to replenish your skin by keeping the moisture level and healthy glow intact.
For centuries, rice water has been used in the cosmetic industry. Well-known for its brightening properties and high antioxidant, their components like gamma-oryzanol and ferulic acid have been widely used to treat skin diseases. Not only does Rice extracts sweep away your dead skin cells, but the rich vitamins help to leave your skin brighter and more supple.
Benefits of Rice Extracts:
- Skin lightening
- Sun damage protection
Rice is popular amongst the Asians but did you know that Maccaron has a range of skincare products that are enriched with rice extracts that help to keep your skin problems at bay.
- SkinFood Rice Mask Wash Off: This classic wash-off mask features Rice Bran Water enriched with Vitamin E and antioxidants that gently exfoliate your skin while brightening the skin for a hydrated complexion. It’s perfect for people with normal to dry skin and for those who are looking to brighten dull and rough skin.
- Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask: This overnight spa mask contains 68.9% of rice concentrate extract that delivers deep nourishment. It’s a night cream and so lightweight and fresh cream type. Use this as a sleeping mask to provide full nourishment to your skin overnight, applying a thick layer before you go to bed.
- ThankYou Farmer Rice Pure Essential Toner: This Essential Toner helps to clarify your skin while maintaining hydration level. Made with Rice Extract and natural botanical ingredients such as Centella Asiatica, this toner provides a healthy complexion. It plays a 2-in-1 Toner & Essence that covers your skincare steps at once.
Found in South Africa, Europe, and Asia, Centella Asiatica has shown to promote wound healing, antioxidant properties strengthen the skin barrier, and has anti-inflammatory properties. Known as Tiger Grass, it’s a medical herb that reduces skin inflammation and has an excellent calming effect. This extract is highly recommended for acne-prone skin and sensitive skin types. Try out Centella asiatica ingredients.
Benefits of Centella Asiatica:
- Calmness to the skin
During this hot humid weather, we all are always on the lookout for skincare products that provide hydration and relaxation to our irritated skin. And this is when Centella Asiatica plays its role.
- Cosrx Centella Blemish Cream: Enriched with all-natural Centella Asiatica leaf water, this cream provides maximum hydration with soothing effects. It creates a protective barrier while the all-natural active ingredients soothe your skin free from blemishes.
- Purito Centella Unscented Serum: It’s an unscented version formulated for damaged skin. It boasts ingredients like Ceramide and Centella to strengthen your skin barrier, starting from its roots. The product is formulated to rescue super-sensitive skin.
It’s a wonderful miracle plant that nourishes our skin from the inside as it’s rich in nutrients. For centuries, people have been using Aloe Vera for healing properties and are popular due to its anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe your skin burns and provide hydration. Aloe Vera fastens the healing process and prevents any kind of scarring formation.
Benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Helps soothe sunburn
- Moisturizes your skin
- Boosts healing of wounds
- Fights skin ageing
- Reduces acne
- Lightens blemishes
We all have used Aloe Vera once in our lives as it’s available in every household. But how about Aloe Vera enriched skincare and beauty products?
- Benton Aloe Hyaluron Cream: Enriched with soothing aloe extracts and complexion-boosting hyaluronic acid, this cream leaves all skin types skin hydrated. The 40% aloe contents soothe and nourishes your skin and deeply hydrate without being harsh on the skin.
- The Body Shop Aloe Multi-Use Soothing Gel: It’s a refreshing and lightweight gel moisturizer that hydrates and helps to soothe your dry and sensitive skin. It’s a non-greasy texture that’s gentle on your skin. It can be used as an overnight leave-on mask to restore the comfort of your skin.
Now that you have gained all the information about plant-based ingredients, so when are you ordering your next set of skincare products?
Download Maccaron on App or Play Store now to discover products based on your desired ingredient combination or skin type. Check out here natural skincare products at Maccaron online store.
13,077 total views, 3 views today